Thursday, April 16, 2009

Syeda Kulsum XI

MY FIRST ATTEMPT

Once my teacher told me,
“Write a poem” said she
I faced a little anxiety,
And said “god help me!”

As I did not know what to write,

And with my brain I had to fight,
All options seemed out of sight,
And I did not know what is right?

I thought of writing something real,

But gosh! It was a big deal,
And in my writing, I was late!
I couldn’t imagine of my fate!

I scribbled along some lines

About the tall trees of pines
But then I thought,
I could write about science!

But everything seemed extremely waste,

Suddenly an idea fell in haste
It was as sweet as honey,
As it was about money.

My heart and mind were filled with glee

I felt I had reached the finale
The words came to me fluently,
I felt, I created something finally.

With a proud feeling I showed my notes,

As if I had been free from loads!
When the teacher commented, “it was good”
I smiled like Red Riding Hood !

But then inside I felt some fear

When my teacher came near
Then in my eyes came a tear
When her words sounded loud and clear
“Could you write another poem dear?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article! We will be linking to this great content on our website.
Keep up the great writing.
my web site :: Linden Method Review