Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nishita K. Soneji X 'A'

HOW MANY FRIENDS


The old man turned to me and asked

“How many friends have you?”

Why 10 or 20 friends have I,

And named a off just a few….

He rose quite slowly with effort

And sadly shook his head

“A lucky child you are

To have so many friends”, he said

But think of what you’re saying

There is so much you do not know

A friend is just not someone

To whom you say “hello”

A friend is a hand to pull you up

From darkness and despair

When all your other “so called” friends

Have helped to put you there

It is a voice to keep your name alive

When others have forgotten

But most of all a friend is a heart

A strong and sturdy wall

For from the heart of friends

There comes the greatest love of all!!!!

So think of all I’ve spoken

For every word is true

And answer once again my child

How many friends have you???

And then he stood and faced me

Awaiting a reply

Softly I answered

“If lucky……. One have I”

“You”!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

my web page: unless